If you are interested in participating in the Blue Star Programme, there are 5 stages to complete:
- Action Plan
- Completion of Blue Star Programme work throughout the school year
- Final Report
- Awarding of Blue Star Certificates of Achievement and European flag
1. Interested schools must fill in a Registration Form to sign up for the Blue Star Programme. Please get this back to us by post or email before 17 October 2016 – information on how to submit the form are on the form itself!
2. Participating Blue Star schools are required to submit a short Action Plan 2016-2017 to give European Movement Ireland, as National Coordinator, an idea of the projects and activities your school will be undertaking. More importantly, in the past we have found that the Action Plan proves really helpful for teachers planning their lessons/activities for the year ahead. Action Plans will be due for submission by 18 November 2016.
3. In order to successfully complete the Blue Star Programme, participating schools must complete all four elements of the Programme (historical, geographical, cultural and creative, and institutional) and hold an event to mark Europe Day (9 May). For more information on what is involved in each of these elements, see here.
4. Similar to the Action Plan, the purpose of the Final Report that school submit is to enable us at European Movement Ireland to see how participating schools covered all four elements of the Blue Star Programme. It also enables us to learn how we might improve the Programme year on year and allows us to read your thoughts and feedback.
5. Once schools have submitted their Final Report and it is deemed acceptable by the Blue Star National Coordinator, successful schools are awarded Blue Star Certificates of Achievements, signed by the Minister of State for European Affairs, Data Protection and the EU Single Digital Market, and a European flag.