Welcome to European Movement Ireland’s (EM Ireland’s) online community! We’re delighted to have you join the online conversation about Ireland’s relationship with Europe. One of our main goals as an organisation is to encourage reasoned, robust and informed debate on European issues in Ireland. For that reason, we are looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the topics we share on our website, blog and social networks.
Please take the time to read these community guidelines. If you have any questions about these guidelines or about anything else that we do, please contact us. We would be happy to help.
- Be respectful. While opposition, healthy debate and challenging opposing views are always welcome, abuse is not. In order to protect our online community, profanity, obscenities and otherwise threatening, abusive, defamatory or derogatory comments should not be posted and will not be tolerated. EM Ireland reserves the right to delete any comments deemed inappropriate at any time.
- Protect your privacy. Public comments on the EM Ireland Facebook page, Twitter feed, LinkedIn page, website and our other online platforms are just that – public. Protect your privacy and don’t give out personal information such as email addresses, telephone numbers or addresses.
- Keep your comments on topic. We welcome your thoughts, questions and opinions about our online material but please bear in mind that inappropriate, commercial or completely off-topic postings may be removed.
- Links to other websites. EM Ireland is not responsible for the content of any linked website and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by EM Ireland of that website. In addition, please be aware that EM Ireland is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We would instead encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website that requests personal information from you.
- Play nice. Users who persist in violating these community guidelines may have their content removed and may receive a warning. Repeat offenders may be barred from posting to our sites.
- We hear you. The EM Ireland Communications Team monitor all EM Ireland online platforms and will respond to questions and queries at the earliest opportunity during regular business hours (Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.30pm).
Finally… The viewpoints, opinions and actions expressed in comments on our online platforms are those of the individuals posting, and do not reflect EM Ireland policies or positions. Any messages or stories shared on these platforms may be used in other EM Ireland marketing activities.
Connect with us
Updated: 03 September 2013